Have you been wondering, after reading some of my articles, what are the chances of heavy metal toxicity? What are the signs and symptoms? Where does one get exposure to heavy metals and how is heavy metal toxicity tested? Well, you are not alone. Just over one year ago, I was trying to find the answers to these questions. This knowledge did not come easy or cheap! This long road has been an interesting journey of discovery.

Heavy metals are in our foods, our air and water and in our mouth. Some individuals tolerate exposure, while others become sick and dysfunctional. The percentage of individuals who become toxic from silver (mercury amalgams) fillings are more than half of the U.S. population. Many individuals do not realize or make “the connection” to their teeth.

Symptoms associated with mercury amalgam fillings are unexplained irritability, frequent periods of depression, numbness or tingling in extremities, chronic fatigue, cold hands and feet all year round, difficulty remembering, fluid retention, headaches, constipation, leg cramps, excessive itching, insomnia, chest pain, ringing in ears, tremors of the hands, feet, head, etc., heartburn, pain in joints, and suicidal intent or death wish.

The amalgam or alloy used to fill cavities is 50% mercury, 35% silver, 13% tin, 2% copper and less than 1% zinc. The average amalgam filling is 0.5 grams equal to a mercury thermometer. The average American adult has 8 fillings or 8 mercury thermometers in their mouth. Harmful effects of mercury amalgams have been debated since the 1800’s, but research has demonstrated time and time again that the mercury vapor from the filled tooth releases the poisonous vapor from the moment the amalgam is inserted in the tooth. Mercury is inhaled, swallowed and absorbed directly in the mouth.

Most of us don’t have a choice, what’s done is done. Most of us have many silver (mercury) fillings in our mouth. If you are not experiencing any health problems, don’t worry about it. If you are experiencing immune system suppression, periodontal disease, neurological problems, reproductive disorders, respiratory problems, kidney problems, hypertension, skin disease, allergies, or GI disorders, you may want to get tested!

There are several ways one can be tested for heavy metal toxicity. The easiest is a mercury vapor test which measures the vapor emission from the teeth; a hair analysis is another way and lastly, a provocative oral chelation test in which a six hour urine collection is measured.

Chelation was discovered in the 1950’s. It has been used by a million people. Unlike surgery, no one has ever died from chelation. There are two forms of chelation, pill form and intravenous form. When testing for heavy metal toxicity, DMPS–300mg. pill form is the way to go. There are many Medical Doctors who are aware of chelation and who are licensed to prescribe chelation, but don’t. It is up to YOU to be proactive and fight for optimal health. Best wishes in your journey of discovery!

 

 

The post The Mercury Connection appeared first on Optimal Wellness Solutions, LLC.